Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Monday, March 1, 2010

Gulf Shores Sea Oats




I found this picture as I was going through the many photos I made during my several trips to the Gulf last year. I really like sea oats. Because of the need to protect them from erosion, there aren't a lot of areas where there is access to large areas of them, so I don't get many chances to photograph them. I made this while at Gulf Shores State Park one day. I thought it was a good example of "Art in the Wind" because of the gentle rhythm of the sea oats as they swayed in the ocean breeze. I think I'd really like to be there now, since the weather forecast for the Huntsville area tonight and tomorrow is rain with some snow.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely, calming photo of the Gulf coast. Really like it as described as "art in the wind." Yes, I would also like being there today, rather than up here in this winter blast again...still too cold for the South, so ready for spring here, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Gloria, I am certainly ready for spring. I just hope that we don't have lots of tornadoes and then miserably hot weather this summer.

    ReplyDelete