Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Contest Update

In case you're all thinking I've forgotten, I just wanted to let you know that I hope to have the drawing for the 100th Post Contest this weekend and should be letting you know who the winner is in the next couple of days.

I'm still not sure what the prize is going to be. The famous mystery prize. It is possible that my inspiration will be derived from the identity of the winner. Or I might have some totally random whim and whip up something from that. Your guess is as good as mine. I have been thinking about the prize since I first decided to do a contest, but nothing has really just jumped out at me as what to make. Because I do a lot of spinning and knitting and haven't had much time to do any papier mache or paper making these past few months, I've been thinking that this gives me an opportunity to consider more possibilities in the paper realm. Hmm. We'll see.

In the meantime, possibilities include, but are not limited to, handspun yarn; a small knitted or crocheted object; something made from papier mache--bowl, jar, mask, a critter of the real or imaginary variety, etc.; a journal or scrapbook made from handmade paper; something sewn by hand or machine such as a needle case, book cover, small purse or evening bag, eyeglass case, tote bag, etc.; anything else that might pop into my mind.

In the meantime, I have my thinking cap on and continue to consider what to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment