Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just a Shell...

...of its former self


Whatever it was, wherever it came from, whatever its purpose for being here, the alien seed pod is no more. Little is left but the tattered, weathered shell and a small amount of the spore matrix.



I expect this will be the last post for the alien seed pod, but I will check it now and then to see if there are any changes and post if there is anything significant.

In case any of you missed the pod's progress since the middle of November, here is a review in reverse order. You can catch up by clicking on any of the titles.
Still There
The Pod! The Pod!
Bunny Pants and Pod Update
Pod Watch Continues
Pod Update
Alien Seed Pod Watch Continues
Alien Seed Pod

I am still amazed that this giant puffball fungi survived the lawnmower, neighborhood kids, and dogs, cats, or other critters. It will be interesting to see if a whole crop of them pops up when just the right climatic conditions develop. I'll keep an eye out for them and be sure to post if I spot any, but for now for our little pod, click here because it is . . . time to say goodbye . . .

8 comments:

  1. it will be interesting to see if there is a crop of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want a yard full of puffballs. Fungi is interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huntsville? Hello? Huntsville? Come in Huntsville ... Oh Oh ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it reminds me of a bread bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some of the small (WAY smaller) alien pods we have here...turn into those earth stars!

    i thought the same thing as christina...it reminds me of a bowl now...

    but just think...come spring...you might have a YARD full of alien pods!! woohoo!

    (thanks for your kind words & support :) life's a beach...i mean a bitch...sometimes....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how much I hate that GD Italian singer ???? It has played here in the House of Rabbits sometimes for DAYS at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CGP, Clovie Boy and LauraK: especially if they are as big as that one was.

    RG: Huntsville, we have a problem?

    Christina, LauraK: with cream of mushroom soup

    RG: hahahahahaha!!!! actually, I was looking for a good techno remix, but didn't like any of them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whats Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different users like its helped me. Good job.
    Crane Cams 100052 272 H10 Camshaft and Lifter Kit for Chevrolet V8 Engine

    ReplyDelete