Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Girl



She's my sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside, she's the month of May.
I guess I'd say who can make me feel this way
Is my girl. Talking 'bout my girl.

(with apologies to The Temptations)


Today I think I should say a few things about my lovely daughter. She is a student at our local university. I am very proud of her. She hasn't really declared a major, yet, but is interested in chemistry and biology. She has talked about pursuing a career in biochemistry or microbiology. She is a very diligent student and her hard work is paying off with very good grades. I am inspired by her efforts and how far she has come since the day I first laid eyes on her twenty-one years ago.



This seems to be the only digital photo I can find of her high school graduation back in the spring of 2006. There must be others hiding out somewhere. If I find them, I'll try to post a few.




Here she is clowning at Ruby Falls with her boyfriend and her little bro back in the summer.































































































As maid of honor at a friend's wedding recently.




































She's grown into a beautiful young woman and I'm very proud of her. I hope she knows how much I love her.

5 comments:

  1. That's the first time that I have seen her. She is pretty. I believe I see a resemblence. Missed seeing you lately. I know you are very busy. I haven't been to LB in over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you mom. i am a little embarrassed and from these pictures i really begin to realize how hyperactive my right eyebrow is, hahaha.

    i love you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love between a mother and a daughter is so special. A very Happy Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe!!! Your daughter is beautiful and I would be very proud of her, if she were my daughter. i hope my daughter works as hard as yours has, when she goes off to school. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete