Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gadgets

I've added some Gadgets to the sidebar. Various "stuff of the day" sorts of things. There's the NASA Image of the Day (space photos--I like astronomy), Weather Station (featuring regional weather radar--I like to know when there's a weather thing on the way), Current Moon Phase (the astronomy thing, again), National Geographic Picture of the Day(great photography of nature, places, and people), Aztec Calendar (hey, I'm an archaeologist), Sacred Destinations of the Day (also appeals to my archaeologist side), and Art of the Day (for the artist in me). If the NASA photo does not load, you can click on the title of the photo and it will take you to the site where you can see a larger size of the same photo. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, You've added all kinds of neat things

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you've posted on Ditto. I've been thinking of going there for pictures. We must be reading each other's minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the NASA photo, the sacred site place and even though I know next to nothing about the Aztec's that calender is cool too!

    Ria (tonyfan20 on Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dig the weather map. I am so addicted to watching the weather that I think my husband thinks I should seek help about it. I grew up in Nebraska. Our life is all about the weather there...and watching the skies for clouds that could turn into tornadoes. Eek.
    Cassandra
    Gee How Quaint

    ReplyDelete