Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Scenic North Alabama: Butterfly House

We went to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens on my birthday (July 2). I had not been there in several years and was amazed at the beautiful new butterfly house they have built. The old one was a rather temporary affair that has now been refurbished and turned into a lovely bonsai exhibit. My favorite areas used to be the Japanese water garden and the wildflower trail. I have to add the butterfly house to my list of favorites. Here are some photos of the pool and waterfall.

Of course, the batteries in my camera died right after we arrived, so I made almost all the photos for the day with my cell phone.





There were lots of turtles enjoying the fine atmosphere. This was made from the overlook above the waterfall.






This is a view of the terraced waterfall from turtle level. You can see those two guys on the log enjoying themselves.






You can walk under the waterfall. I couldn't resist trying to get a photo from underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment