Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Friday, March 11, 2011

What Dreams May Come



Pants was sleeping beside me on the sofa the other day as I watched TV and caught up on some knitting. I began to hear intermittent thumping sounds that gradually got louder. Turning in the direction of the sound, I discovered that Pants was thumping his tail in his sleep and his tail was all bushed up to about twice its normal size. He often gets a bushy tail when something frightens him, when he's engaged in some really serious play, or when arguing with one of the other cats. He was obviously dreaming about something. I wonder was happening in the dream that made his tail bush up. He's such a sweetie. I hope it wasn't a nightmare.




7 comments:

  1. Not bad for a cat. Not bad at all. Cats are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, RG, cats are weird. That's part of what makes them such wonderful creatures (disclaimer: not a statement of species preference)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful cat, hope he wasn't having nightmares

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Pants might need a dreamcatcher. Sometimes my cats meow in their sleep and I wonder if I should wake them up or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. more like...what dreams are made of...precious pants!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww what a cute cat
    http://pandabearofdoom-randomknits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete