Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

Monday, May 19, 2008

Take a Look

Here is a quote that I received through the "Daily e-Quiet Moment" from Catholic Digest. I thought I would share it with you.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.

These are the words of Jawaharlal Nehru, first Prime Minister of India (1947-1964). I have previously talked about seeing with the heart and using the eyes as windows through which we may look out with the heart at the world around us. I think that the statement by Nehru gives us a good way to begin "seeing rightly."

The next time you take a look at the world around you, open your eyes and see the beauty, charm, and adventure there is to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment